Happy New Year!! Like everyone, chaos descended upon me for the last few weeks, but I’m back and getting my head above the water this week for our assessment on Monday! Nothing to show at the moment (my camera battery died, I’m awaiting a new one), but I’m making progress. Todays job is to go out to a blacksmith in Broxburn to get an assortment of scrap iron and steel to put the finishing touch to the Favela project. Why iron and steel? I’ve been experimenting with interchangable decoration, using magnets! I’m really pleased with it so far and hopefully this will finish it up as I envision. Pics will follow 🙂
The next project coming up is Narrative, ie. it must tell a story or have a conceptual meaning and background. We were given a list of current affairs to inspire us, and they included everything from Dolly the Sheep to Pornography. I have decided to go with Crime and Punishment, but haven’t really started anything yet so will let you know how that progresses.
Finally what we are also meant to have been working on is a Source Project for our degree show. I’m off to visit Edinburgh Castle tomorrow for some more inspiration there, and will hopefully have more sketchbook pages to show by the time I get to a scanner!
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year
- Hi everyone! Just so you know I’ll be closing my Etsy shop for Christmas on Monday so if you have any presents to... fb.me/IpKIhZIP 1 day ago
- Festive 🤶🏼💃🏼🧣I’m getting all layered up for a very breezy @thefoodnflea today; pop by from 11… instagram.com/p/BcZK3ougqfY/ 1 week ago
- We are working away like elves in the jewellery studio here at Summerhall to get ready for the… instagram.com/p/BcWpN89A8NG/ 1 week ago
- A new colour for #Christmas2017 Slate Blue and Gold proved very popular at 3d2devents this… instagram.com/p/BcUSD9FgGOm/ 1 week ago
- Dotty Glass Studs, £10 and the perfect Secret Santa ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 fb.me/2oUQAAZcO 1 week ago