I have been getting on quite well with my sketchbook this week and think I will be ready to start making come Wednesday. I spoke to Dot Sim, one of our tutors this morning and she seems to agree with my suggestion of going with the four seasons (which are frequently featured in Haiku) for my final piece. Or pieces by the sounds of things as I think four separate ones will be much better than trying to cram all of them into one piece. I’m thinking brooches at the moment, with perhaps a tree going through a different stage of its life cycle in each one. I’m also going to have to worry about setting stones in all of them and what to use. Might fuse some glass to be honest, to keep the cost down and have some more control over the colours. Dot suggested I keep four little sketchbooks for each of the seasons, but at the moment I’m just splitting my big one up into sections so I don’t lose anything! Still only on Japanese spring at the moment though, so I should probably get back to it! I hope you like my sketchbook scans, these are my three favourite pages so far.
- I'm baaaaack!! This weekend at the market, Sibbald Walk with you guessed it - more earrings than you can shake a... fb.me/2hf92DZcQ 2 minutes ago
- I've been making beads! For the first time in over a month, yay! All coming up on UK Lampwork… instagram.com/p/BZgNAT3g453/ 4 hours ago
- Porto, I miss you! 🎨✈️☀️#travelling #holiday #travelblogging #instatravel #graffiti #mosaic… instagram.com/p/BZdpiG2gMUd/ 1 day ago
- Eek, it's Monday! Pink dotties today, I made these for summery times but think they fit Autumn… instagram.com/p/BZdb3r_g6rC/ 1 day ago
- My darling sister @hrchalmers has turned into an #instafoodie - look at this #acaibowl she has… instagram.com/p/BZYPLAVAC79/ 3 days ago